Dưới đây là Bộ 5 đề thi thử vào lớp 10 năm 2021 môn Tiếng Anh Trường THCS Bình Chánh đã được Quà Yêu Thương biên soạn. Với các dạng đề khác nhau, các em sẽ có cơ hội luyện tập và chuẩn bị thật tốt cho kì thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 sắp tới. Mời các em cùng xem chi tiết tư liệu ngay sau đây.
BỘ 5 ĐỀ THI THỬ VÀO LỚP 10 NĂM 2021 MÔN TIẾNG ANH
TRƯỜNG THCS BÌNH CHÁNH
1. Đề số 1
I- Choose the best answer:
1. If he doesn’t_______ his ways, he’ll end up in trouble.
A. mend B. repair C. correct D. restore
2. Your father usually has lunch at home,_______ he?
A. hasn’t B. does C. did D. doesn’t
3. There_______ no rain here since last month.
A. is B. has been C. was D. has
4. Haywood is the village_______.
A. where I was born in B. which I was born
C. in which I was born D. which I was born there
5. Mr Jones_______ decided to call a meeting of the club tomorrow.
A. has B. will be C. has been D. is being
6. There is now much_______ water in the lake than there was last year.
A.smaller B. fewer C. less D. lesser
7. Travel by car is very fast now, because there are many_______.
A. motorway B. motorsway C. motorways D. motorsways
8. The lift is not working now. It is out_______ order.
A. of B. in C. for D. by
9. T worked in Paris_______ the war.
A. between B. when C. among D. during
10. There are two temples and_______ of them are very old.
A. one B. all C. both D. each
11. I am right, _______.
A. am not I B. aren’t I C. am I D. isn’t it
12. If you sit in the_______ you’ll catch a cold.
A. drought B. draught C. drift D. drawing
13. All his children speak_______ German.
A. flowing B. affluent C. fluent D. well
14. Can you tell me_______?
A. which book you want to buy B. which book you want to buy it
C. you want to buy which book D. you want which book to buy
15. Not only my son but also I_______ tired from walking so far.
A. is B. are C. am D. were
16. The bus_______ come out hive since six o’clock.
A. won’t B. hasn’t C. didn’t D. haven’t
17. _______ when you drive.
A. Do careful B. Do be careful C. Be carefully D. Do be carefully
18. _______ don’t like English.
A. Some student B. Some of students C. Some of the student D. Some of the students
19. I’m very poor. I haven’t_______ money left now.
A. any B. none C. some D. no
20. There is only one student in the classroom_______ his lesson.
A. prepares B. to prepare C. was preparing D. preparing
21. Life without_______ would be dull.
A. a laughter B. an laughter C. the laughter D. laughter
22. My uncle’s office is on_______.
A. third floor B. the third floor C. floor three D. three’s floor
23. The police have already found the_______ jewels.
A. steal B. stole C. stealing D. stolen
24. The best animals in the show was the_______ dogs.
A. dancer B. dancers C. dancing D. danced
25. Try again. Don’t give_______ hope.
A. out B. up C. on D. off
26. It’s dark in here. Please turn_______ the lights.
A. on B. out C. over D. off
27. “Did you like my friend?” – Very much. She’s_______ charming as you said she was.
A. as B. very C. more D. too
28. Thursday is the_______ day of the week.
A. five B. fivth C. fiveth D. fifth
29. We hear you_______ to ban three days ago.
A. have gone B. went C. had gone D. is goin
30. Most students_______ hard for the last few weeks.
A. were working B. worked C. had worked D. have been working
31. Read_______ on the board please.
A. a first sentence B. first sentence C. first sentence D. the first sentence
32. Neither of the two girls_______ my student.
A. is B. are C. have been D. has been
33. She has her own friends, she doesn’t want_______.
A. our B. ours C. our’s D. ours’
34. I am_______ in the story.
A. very interested B. interested C. much interested
35._______ time will they spend in Bangkok?
A. How much B. how many C. How long
36. You have tea for breakfast,_______ you?
A. haven’t B. don’t C. won’t D. have
37. I am sure the answer to my letter_______ by next Friday morning.
A. will come B. has come C. is coming D. was coming
38. Before it was sold the broken machine was cleaned and_______.
A. looked for B. put right C. kept up D. given back
39. Mary’s watch_______ at 6.00.
A. finished B. stopped C. ended
40. This is_______ elephant I have ever seen.
A. the most big B. most big C. the biggest D. the bigest
41. Wedding rings are made of_______.
A. gold B. a gold C. the gold D. golds
42. _______ you angry with him?
A. Do B. Why C. Have D. Are
43. There are two_______ in the word “pretty”.
A. Ts B. T C. TT D. T’s
44. “Whose belt is it?” – “It’s my_______.”
A. sister B. sisters C. sister’s D. sisters’
45. The smaller the room,_______ furniture it needs.
A. a little B. the few C. the less D. the least
46. If I say that I’d rather wait, I mean that I_______.
A. prefer to wait B. like to wait C. refuse to wait D. promise to wait
47. What_______! The rain has not stopped all day.
A. a weather B. the weather C. weather
48. Have you ever heard this song sung_______ in Thailand?
A. singing B. sing C. sung D. sang
49. Varia is sick but Peter is_______.
A. good B. well C. so
50. Mary likes watching TV_______ does John.
A. so B. either C. neither D. nor
1. A 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. A 6. C 7. C 8. A 9. D 10. C
11. B 12. B 13. C 14. A 15. C 16. D 17. B 18. D 19. A 20. D
21. D 22. B 23. D 24. C 25. B 26. A 27. A 28. D 29. B 30. C
31. D 32. A 33. B 34. A 35. A 36. B 37. A 38. B 39. B 40. C
41. A 42. D 43. D 44. C 45. C 46. A 47. C 48. C 49. B 50. A
2. Đề số 2
Question 1: Supply the correct forms of the verbs in brackets.
1. People always (blame) their circumstances for what they are.
2. Over the years, She (collect) thousands of stamps.
3. “Where is Jane?” “Down stairs sir” .”She (greet) the guests.”
4. We don’t enjoy (use) as cheap labour.
5. I can’t help (feel) sorry for the hungry children. If only there (be) peace in the world.
6. I am sure the letter won’t arrive in time unless it (send) by air
7. The vase (break) when it (move) to the other room.
8. I was just about (leave) the office when the phone rang.
Question 2: Use the correct form of the words in brackets to complete sentences
1. That company has 2000 ………… (employ)
2. I don’t know why they call him a …………. (lie)
3. The old hotel we used to stay at has been ……………….. (modern)
4. Conservationists believe that we should preserve the ……rainforests in the world. (tropic)
5. The little village is very quiet and ………….at night. (peace)
6. Women nowadays have more ……….to participate in social activities (free)
7. The ………of the new guest caused trouble to my aunt. (arrive)
8. She cut herself and it’s ………..quite badly. (blood)
9. His parents are very …………of him (pride)
10. Every week, there are two ………..from Ha Noi to Nha Trang. (fly)
Question 3: Choose the best answer (A, B, C or D ) for each space
Jeans are very popular with young people all (1)………..the world. Some people say that jeans are the “uniform” of (2) ………… But they haven’t always been popular. The story of jeans started (3) ………..two hundred years ago. People in Genoa, Italy made pants. The cloth (4) ………..in Genoa was called “jeanos”. The pants were called “jeans”. In 1850, a saleman (5) ……….California began selling pants made of canvas. His name was Levi Strauss. (6) …………..they were so strong, “Levi’s pants” became (7) …….. with gold miners; farmers and cowboys. Six years (8)…………; Levis began making his pants with blue cotton (9) …………called denim. Soon after, factory workers in the United States and Europe began (10) ………jeans. Young people usually didn’t wear them.
1. A. in B. on C. over D. above
2. A. youth B. young C. youger D. youngest
3. A. lots B. much C. most D. almost
4. A. make B. makes C. making D. made
5. A. in B. on C. at D. with
6. A. Although B. But C. Because D. So
7. A. famous B. popular C. good D. wonderful
8. A. late B. later C. latest D. last
9. A. cloth B. clothing C. cloths D. clothes
10. A. wear B. wearing C. wore D. worn
Question 4: Choose the one sentence that has same meaning to the root one.
1.Would you mind waiting outside the office?
A. Did you wait outside the office?
B. Did you see anyone waiting outside the office?
C. Will you wait outside the office?
D. Do you enjoy waiting outside the office?
2. I used to go to the cinema on Saturdays.
A. I usually went to the cinema on Saturdays.
B. I got used to going to the cinema on Saturdays.
C. I didn’t go to the cinema on Saturdays
D. I usually go to the cinema on Saturdays.
3. You feel unhealthy because you don’t take any exercise.
A. if you took more exercise, you would feel healthier.
B. If you take more exercise, you will feel healthier.
C. If you were healthier, you would take more exercise.
D. If you don’t take any exercise, you will feel unhealthy.
4. “Do you know Trang’s address?” he asked me.
A. He asked me for Trang’s address.
B. He asked me if someone knew Trang’s address.
C. He asked me if I know Trang’s address.
D. He asked me if I knew Trang’s address.
Question 1: Supply the correct forms of the verbs in brackets.
1. are always blaming
2. has collected
3. is greeting
4. being used
5. feeling – were
6. is sent
7. broke – was being moved.
8. to leave
Question 2: Use the correct form of the words in brackets to complete sentences
1. employees 6. freedom
2. liar 7. arrival
3. modernized 8. bleeding
4. tropical 9. proud
5. peaceful 10. flights
Question 3: Choose the best answer (A, B, C or D ) for each space
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. D 5. A 6. C 7. B 8. B 9. A 10. B
Question 4: Choose the one sentence that has different meaning to the root one.
1. C 2. A 3. A 4. D
a/ There is a mistake in the sentence. Find the mistakesand correct it.
1. would speak -> spoke 4. drive -> driving
2. when -> since 5. writing -> (should) write
3. doesn’t he -> does he.
b/ Fill in the blanks with a suitable prepositions.
1. into 2. from 3. for 4. into 5. over – up
Question 6: Change the following sentences into reported speech.
1. Mai asked (requested) to call her at 6 o’clock the next morning.
2. Lan asked me if I was interested in that Language Center.
3. Mrs Chi said they would spend their holiday in Da Lat the next month.
4. The man asked Mr Linh what his son wanted to learn
5. Hoa said we (I) had to come today.
Question 7: Complete the second sentence with the same meaning.
1. Vinh is always forgetting his homework.
2. Do you mind helping me put the chairs away?
3. I’d rather you didn’t make any noise because I am tired.
4. I have never used such a good computer/ I have never used a better computer than this.
5. It’s ages since he last chatted with his classmates through the internet.
6. The last time we saw her was when we left school.
7. My brother enjoys walking in the rain
8. It’s very important to keep the environment clean.
9. Minh has collected stamps since 2000.
10. How about meeting inside the center, at the cafe’ corner.
3. Đề số 3
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is CLOSEST in meaning to the sentence given in each of the following questions from 1 to 5.
Question 1: It took him three hours to do his homework.
A. He couldn’t finish his homework in three hours.
B. He started doing his homework three hours ago.
C. He spent three hours doing his homework.
D. He did his homework three hours ago.
Question 2: I have never seen her before, but I can recognize her from a photograph.
A. Although I have never seen her before, I can recognize her from a photograph.
B. I can recognize her from a photograph after I have seen her.
C. Because I have never seen her, I can’t recognize her from a photograph.
D. In spite of having seen her before, I can’t recognize her from a photograph.
Question 3: He started working in this company 4 years ago.
A. He used to work in this company 4 years ago.
B. He has worked in this company for 4 years.
C. He has not worked in this company for 4 years.
D. He worked in this company 4 years ago.
Question 4: The teacher said to us: “Don’t be late for class.”
A. The teacher allowed us to be late for class.
B. The teacher orders us to come to class on time.
C. The teacher told us not to be late for class.
D. The teacher asks us not to come to class late
Question 5: The children couldn’t go swimming because the sea was too rough.
A. The sea is very rough, so the children can’t swim in it.
B. The sea was too rough for the children to go swimming.
C. The children were not calm enough to swim in the rough sea.
D. The sea is so rough that the children can’t swim in it.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the best answer in each of the following questions from 6 to 22.
Question 6: Nam wanted to know what time___________
A. the movie begins B. the movie began C. did the movie begin
D. does the movie begin
Question 7: I am very fat. I think if I do morning exercise regularly, I ___________ weight.
A. may lose B. lose C. would lose D. lost
Question 8: The room is ___________decorated for Christmas.
A. beauty B. beautify C. beautiful D. beautifully
Question 9: night, the temperature seems to be cooler and cooler.
A. At B. On C. For D. In
Question 10: I am wondering what ________ to my sister’s wedding.
A. have to bring B. to bring C. bringing D. should bring
Question 11: We can’t go along here because the road ________
A, is being repaired B. is repairing C. was repaired D. repaired
Question 12: Many people do not like climbing ________
A. despite its danger B. since its danger
C. although it is dangerous D. because it is dangerous
Question 13: The man and the dog ________ I had taken a photo of were in the park.
A. which B. that C. who D. whose
Question 14: I wish I ________ what to do to help my mother now.
A. know B. will know C. knew D. have known
Question 15: Thank you for your letter. I am glad ________ that you’re keeping well
A, listening B. to listen C. to hear D. hearing
Question 16: There is too much traffic in the city. ________ , the air is polluted.
A. Therefore B. However C. But D. So
Question 17: If I ________ younger, I ________ in a boat around the world.
A. Were – will sail B. were-would sail C. am – will sail D. am – would sail
Question 18: Human beings must stop ________ the environment right now.
A. to pollute B. polluted C. pollute D. polluting
Question 19: This is the first time I ________ myself out of the house.
A. locked B. have locked C. am locking D. lock
Question 20: Last night I came home, cooked dinner, and ________ TV.
A. watch B. was watching C. has watched D. watched
Question 21: Remember to ________ your shoes when you get into a Japanese house.
A. take over B. take place C. take on D. take off
Question 22: The doctor suggested that Miss White ________ two aspirins per day.
A. to take B. taking C. should take D. takes
1 C 11 A 21 D 31 B 41 C
2 A 12 D 22 C 32 B 42 A
3 B 13 B 23 C 33 C 43 C
4 C 14 C 24 C 34 A 44 C
5 B 15 C 25 D 35 C 45 D
6 B 16 A 26 B 36 A 46 C
7 A 17 B 27 A 37 A 47 B
8 D 18 D 28 A 38 A 48 D
9 A 19 B 29 D 39 D 49 D
10 B 20 D 30 B 40 B 50 C
4. Đề số 4
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
Question 1. Disneyland __________ its 60th birthday on Saturday 18 July, 2015.
Question 2. __________ the 3rd day of the Lunar New Year, pupils often pay their teachers a visit.
Question 3. Our little son was sleepy when we were walking to the park; __________, we went home early.
Question 4. People __________ do not love nature may not love anything else in life.
Question 5. – Speaker 1: “Excuse me. Do you mind if I sit here?” – Speaker 2: “__________”
A. You’re right.
B. Not at all! Go ahead,
C. Sure, thanks.
D. Really? Good!
Question 6. The small bamboo forest __________ the entrance to the village makes it picturesque.
Question 7. About 70% of the earth’s __________ is covered with water.
Question 8. The teacher __________ Van if she had ever tried calling a helpline.
– Speaker 1: “__________”
– Speaker2 : “Sơn Đoòng is a new tourist destination.”
A. Let’s eat out this evening!
B. We need a holiday, dear!
C. I miss my relatives in Huế!
D. I’d like to cook something special for the trip.
Question 10. I chose to buy the house in District 9 __________ avoid noise and pollution.
A. so that
B. in order that
C. so as to
D. in order not
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (0,5 pt)
Question 11. One of the great pleasures of to travel to another country is eating different dishes
B. to travel
Question 12. The drought that caused by El Nino weather patterns is hitting Thailand and Cambodia.
A. The drought
B. that caused
C. weather patterns
D. is hitting
III. Read the following letter. Decide if the statements from 13 to 16 are True or False, and choose the correct answers (A, B, C or D) for the question 17 art 18.
I am writing this to tell you how much you are missed and loved, especially on such a specialday as today. I will always remember that day – my graduation day. You were standing there with tears in your eyes while I was walking towards the stage to get my diploma, a moment in time that would last forever. You are such a devoted father who has always taken very good care of the family and me. I now live independently, Dad, and I’ve experienced the difficulties of being an adult, and I am going to have my own children with all the burden of being a parent. I understand and love you more. After all, I will always be your little naughty son! Happy Father’s Day.
Question 13. This is a letter written by a man to his father.
Question 14. The father cried when his son was on his way to the stage.
Question 15. The letter is sent from a son to his father on the son’s graduation day.
Question 16. The writer of this letter has no difficulty living an adult’s life.
Question 17. What is the letter mainly about?
A. The writer’s study at university
B. The writer’s childhood memory
C. The writer’s thankfulness to the father
D. The writer’s marriage life
Question 18. Which of the following can be inferred from the letter?
A. The father is quite irresponsible.
B. The writer is in disagreement with the father
C. The writer has a lot of experience in work.
D. The writer very much respects the father.
IV. Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (l,5pts)
Britain will soon ban smoking in cars with children. Britain’s government wants (19)__________ the harm cigarette smoke does to children. New laws will cut the chances of children passive smoking. This is when someone breathes in the (20) __________ from other people’s cigarettes. Many studies say passive smoking can almost be as (21) __________ as actually smoking a cigarette. The British government says that it has looked at research pointing out that children who sit in smoke-filled cars have (22) __________ problems. It is particularly bad in cars because there is so little space, so the car fills with smoke very quickly. (23) __________ agrees with the new law. Some lawmakers argue that it takes away the freedom for people to smoke in their own car. However, Britain’s health minister states that the health of children is more (24) __________ than the freedom to smoke.
B. to reducing
C. to reduce
B. No one
C. Not everyone
D. Every lawmaker
25. modernize/ modernize
31. Our parents were happy to hear all of us had made considerable progress.
32. The Academy of Language offers you a good and friendly environment to practise your English.
33. We wish we could try all the special food of the village.
34. She said that she wanted to send her son to a university in the UK.
35. If you don’t work hard enough, you won’t pass this entrance examination.
– If you don’t work hard enough, you will fail this entrance examination.
36. Three more new schools will be opened in the town next autumn by The Prime Minister.
– Three more new schools will be opened in the town by The Prime Minister next autumn.
5. Đề số 5
I. Choose the underlined part that is pronounced different from others. (1pt)
Question 1. A. invit B. attended C. celebrated D. splayed
Question 2. A. house B. harm C. hour D. husband
Question 3. A. cartoon B. carry C. face D. collect
Question 4. A. motion B. question C. mention D. fiction
Question 5. A. mean B. ready C. head D. weather
II. Choose the best answer. (2pt)
Question 1. You and I went there together,………….?
A. didn’t you B. didn’t I C. didn’t we D. did we
Question 2. John isn’t going to go, and Peter isn’t………….
A. too B. either C. also D. as well
Question 3. We wish you…………here with us now.
A. be B. were C. are D. would be
Question 4. I was born………….. 1987.
A. on B. in C. of D. at
Question 5. If he ………soon, he will miss the train.
A. doesn’t come B. isn’t coming C. didn’t come D. won’t come
Question 6. We are too late. The plane…………. off ten minutes ago.
A. took B. has taken C. had taken D. was taken
Question 7. John didn’t do his homework, ………………….?
A. didn’t he B. did John C. didn’t John D. did he
Question 8. Lam passed the test successfully…………………he worked very hard.
A. though B. so C. If D. because
Question 9. If you explained it to him more slowly, he ……………….. it.
A. understands B. would understand C. understood D. will understand.
Question 10. People are now interested in saving money and…………………….. resources.
A. natural B. naturalize C. nature D. naturally
III. Supply the correct verb form. (2pt)
Question 1. They (1 move)……………………….. three times since they got married.
Question 2. We (visit)………………………… Ha Long Bay next week.
Question 3. If the weather is fine, we (3 go) …………………….. camping next Sunday.
Question 4. I wish I (4 can)……………………. go out for dinner with you now.
Question 5. While I (5 stand)……………………. in front of the school gate, I (6 see) …………. ….. Nam.
Question 6. Mrs Thanh suggests (7 take)……………………. showers to save water.
Question 7. At 6. 30 last night, when I (8 have) ………………………dinner, my friend phoned me.
Question 1: have moved
Question 2: are visitin
Question 3: will go
Question 4: could
Question 5: was standing
Question 6: saw
Question 7: taking
Question 8: was having
Question 1: Millions of pound worth of damage has been caused by the storm. (which pass across the north of England.)
Question 2: It happened last night.
Question 3: The River Ribble/ It burst its banks. (after heavy rain)
Question 4: The firemen did./ The firemen rescued many people from the flood.
Question 5: Yes, it did
Question 1: Hoa spends 2 hours doing her home work everyday
Question 2: Because it rained heavily, we were late for school.
Question 3: I have lived here for two years.
Question 4: English is spoken as the first language in Australia.
Question 5: I wish I knew the way to your house.
Question 6: If she worked hard, she would get good marks.
Question 7: She said she was working in a restaurant.
Question 8: The girl who is now in the hospital was injured in the accident.
Trên đây là một phần trích đoạn nội dung Bộ 5 đề thi thử vào lớp 10 năm 2021 môn Tiếng Anh Trường THCS Bình Chánh. Để xem thêm nhiều tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích khác các em chọn chức năng xem online hoặc đăng nhập vào trang hoc247.net để tải tài liệu về máy tính.
Hy vọng tài liệu này sẽ giúp các em học sinh ôn tập tốt và đạt thành tích cao trong học tập.
Các em quan tâm có thể tham khảo tư liệu cùng chuyên mục:
- Bộ 5 đề thi thử vào lớp 10 năm 2021 môn Tiếng Anh Trường THCS Mỹ Phúc
- Bộ 5 đề thi thử vào lớp 10 năm 2021 môn Tiếng Anh Trường THCS Mỹ Hưng
Chúc các em học tập tốt!
Đăng bởi: Quà Yêu Thương
Chuyên mục: Lớp 9